The people of Tuscaloosa County, Alabama have proven our ability to successfully power advanced manufacturing companies, and we will continue leveraging those capabilities to attract and accelerate more.
How We Can Help You Accelerate Opportunity
- We are proud of our experienced, highly skilled workforce.
- We offer an established, well-developed supply chain.
- Companies benefit from our excellent workforce training and development resources.
- We have an excellent, varied inventory of available property.
- Tuscaloosa County National Airport lands more than 500-million pounds of cargo every year in support of local industry, with staff committed to help industry achieve their goals and overcome logistical challenges.
Advanced Manufacturing Success Stories
Mercedes-Benz U.S. International (MBUSI)
- Total annual production of over 300,000 vehicles
- Launching six electric Mercedes-EQ models by 2022
- $1 billion investment so far in its “Electric First” strategy
- Alabama’s largest exporter with more than $1 billion exports annually
- Attracted suppliers, including Lear, ZF, SMP, and others
- Over $6.2 billion in annual sales (corporation)
- Presence established in 2004 with acquisition
- Headquarters located in Tuscaloosa
- Conducts business in all 50 states and 125 countries
- Produces more than 60% of the world’s fiberglass insect screening