Hospitals, clinics and specialists provide convenient access to quality, compassionate care in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
The DCH Health System has two main hospitals in Tuscaloosa County: DCH and Northport Medical Center.
- Services the West Alabama Region
- Employs nearly 3,500 employees
- Second largest employer in Tuscaloosa County
- Cares for 300,000+ residents of West Alabama at multiple locations within a 60-mile radius
- Ranked in Top 100 Hospitals for orthopedics and recognition in Money magazine for peripheral vascular intervention procedures and treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
University Medical Center provides comprehensive care from three locations in Tuscaloosa, Northport and Demopolis.
- Open to the public throughout West Alabama
- Clinics include family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, OB/GYN, psychiatry and behavioral medicine, and sports medicine
- Also provides diabetes education, lab & X-ray services, a library, nutrition therapy, social work, and a clinic and travel health services for UA faculty and staff
The Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center (TVAMC) is located in West Alabama, where the facility is situated on a beautiful campus of 125 acres with 25 major buildings.
- TVAMC provides primary care, long-term health care and mental health care services to eligible Veterans in the VA Southeast Network
- Provides access to secondary and tertiary care services
- In addition to the main facility in Tuscaloosa, TVAMC also offers services in a nearby outpatient clinic