Our competitive tax structure and many incentives create a favorable environment for new and existing companies.
We at the Tuscaloosa County Economic Development Authority are eager to help businesses grow and innovate profitably. Contact us about how we can help you maximize tax and non-tax incentives, including tax abatements and credits, financing resources, and workforce training services. Specific local incentives are summarized below, and more detailed information can be found on the Alabama Department of Revenue website.
Local Tax Advantages
- State: 4%
- County: 3%
- Tuscaloosa, Northport, Brookwood, Coaling: 3%
- Lakeview, Vance, Coker: 2%
7.65% or 8.65% eligible for abatement to qualifying companies during the construction phase of the project
- City of Tuscaloosa: 51.5 mills
- City of Northport: 38.5 mills
- Tuscaloosa County: 27.0 mills
- Brookwood/Vance/Moundville: 32.0 mills
- Tax abatement available to qualifying companies for up to 10 years for non-educational property taxes
- City of Tuscaloosa: 27.5 mills eligible for abatement
- City of Northport: 25.5 mills eligible for abatement
- Tuscaloosa County: 14.0 mills eligible for abatement
- Brookwood/Moundville: 19.0 mills eligible for abatement
- No property taxes on inventory
Use Tax (Manufacturing)
2.865% or 3.24% eligible for abatement to qualifying companies during the construction phase of the project
Tax-exempt industrial revenue bonds (IRBs) of up to $10 million may be issued by our organization to finance up to 100% of new and expanding manufacturing projects.
Taxable industrial revenue bonds with fewer restrictions and in unlimited amounts may be issued by our organization for transactions that do not qualify for tax-exempt bond financing.
Solid waste and sewage disposal bonds can be structured to the extent an engineering study justifies treating a portion of plant costs as attributable to solid waste or sewage disposal.